ATi rilascia i Catalyst 5.13 WHQL
ATi ha rilasciato i driver Catalyst 5.13, questa versione "speciale" introduce la tecnologia Avivo in modo completo e il supporto CrossFire alla famiglia X1000.
Note di Rilascio
H.264 Hardware Acceleration
Catalyst 5.13 software suite introduces H.264 hardware acceleration for the ATI Radeon X1800, X1600, and X1300 product line. H.264 is advanced video coding that provides significant reduction in bit-rate compared to standards such as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. The ATI Radeon® X1800, X1600, and X1300 products provide hardware acceleration for the playback of high-definition content that is encoded using H.264. Using the Catalyst® software suite 5.13, along with the Cyberlink H.264 decoder available from http://www.ati.com/technology/h264.html provides H.264 hardware acceleration.
ATI CrossFireÃ¢Ã‚?Â¢ Support for the ATI Radeon® X1800
ATI CrossFire allows for multiple Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) to be placed within a single PC, to provide superior gaming performance. The Catalyst 5.13 software suite is the first Catalyst to provide ATI CrossFire support. CrossFire support is available when an ATI Radeon X1800 CrossFire Edition product is installed with another Radeon X1800 product. Further information on ATI CrossFire can be found at: http://www.ati.com/technology/crossfire/faq.html
HQV Video Benchmark Support
The Catalyst software suite 5.13 introduces full support for the HQV DVD Benchmark. These driver tweaks provide a better DVD image quality, and higher benchmark scores.
Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 5.13
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:
- F.E.A.R : Slow game performance is no longer noticed when using CrossFire. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21270
- The Video Preview no longer fails to change to its default settings when swapping the display mappings using the Catalyst Control Center. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21174
- Attempting to stretch the display horizontally using the Catalyst Control Center, no longer results in the horizontal stretch mode failing to be applied unless the display is stretched vertically first. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21175
- The PowerPlay option found in the Catalyst Control Center no longer defaults to the enabled state after initial install of the display driver for systems containing an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series product. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21180
- Auto-detect no longer fails to be applied as the default setting for the Deinterlacing option when first entering the Video aspect page of the Catalyst® Control Center. Currently the option is set as Weave. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21185
- Catalyst Control Center: Attempting to extend the desktop display when using a CRT, TV and DFP display devices no longer results in display corruption being noticed on the primary display adapter. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-20982
- Attempting to set the CRT as the primary display device after hot-plugging a DFP display device and enabling extended desktop mode, no longer results in the CRT failing to be set as the primary. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21269
- Catalyst Control Center: Entering the Overdrive aspect and changing the GPU setting to 509 and the memory setting to 505 no longer results in color corruption and the Windows XP operating system rebooting. Further information on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21229
Vi ricordo la presenza del Catalyst Control Center, per cui dovrete necessariamente installare il .Net Framework di Microsoft.