Disponibile Paint Shop Pro 9.01
Nuova release per Paint Shop Pro 9.01, il programma di fotoritocco più
utilizzato. Potete scaricarla da qui.
Fixes and Issues Addressed
- With the Smear tool’s size minimized, smear strokes
were leaving transparency in areas where they shouldn’t have.
- Use of the Palette Knife, under certain settings, was introducing
artifacts along the edge of the paint.
- The Tiles effect was sometimes dropping lines between tiles,
and displaying a noticeable difference between the preview and the resulting
- With the History palette set to Auto-hide mode, right-clicking
an item displayed the context menu, but the palette itself disappeared.
- Due to an issue with the automation OLE server in Microsoft
Access 2003, integration with Microsoft Access wasn’t always work correctly.
Additionally, when inserting a Paint Shop Pro Studio object into a Microsoft
Word document, Paint Shop Pro Studio was closing automatically if no other
document was open.
- Recording a script that included a plug-in with an apostrophe
in its name (such as “Somebody’s Filters”) didn’t enclose the
plug-in name in double-quotes, causing an error upon execution.
- The scripting command ReturnFileLocations wasn’t returning
the folder count or locations for the following three folder locations: Categories
Database, Displacement Maps, and Mixer Pages.
- Vector objects with lines 2 pixels thick (and wider) were
displaying with an extra pixel.
- The left and right preview windows for the Barrel, Fisheye,
and Pincushion Distortion Correction dialogs did not match after the initial
- An erroneous, abbreviated error message sometimes appeared
when using the Hue/Saturation/Lightness dialog on a Windows ME computer.
- The Reset to default button in the Digital Camera Noise
Removal dialog was not functioning correctly after using the Randomize button.
- Changing the filename case of some resources (such as Picture
Tubes) wasn’t being reflected in the visual resource pickers.
- Changing a Gradient name via the Resource Manager dialog
modified the gradient’s thumbnail appearance in the drop-list.
- Paletted PNG files were not appearing in the Displacement
Map dialog’s list of available map images.
- The Batch Process feature was not properly saving PSP7 and
earlier images with the correct .psp file extention extension.
- EXIF data for Raw images from the same camera was varying
depending on the presence of the image thumbnail.
- When using the Image Browser, navigating folders with the
arrow keys sometimes caused focus to jump to other folders.
- In Windows Explorer, right-clicking an image file and attempting
to open it with Paint Shop Pro 9 was not working.
- In Windows Explorer, right-clicking a folder to "Browse
with Paint Shop Pro 9" wasn’t functioning properly.
- After setting up a screen capture and then minimizing Paint
Shop Pro, completing the screen capture was not bringing focus back to Paint
- The Raw Camera Data dialog’s zoom presets drop-list was
improperly displaying the zooming options.
- When in Tabbed Documents mode, selecting images for Print
Layout via the Image Browser wasn’t displaying the image thumbnails.
- Images opened from a maximized Image Browser were missing
the Close button after exiting Full Screen Preview mode.
- After dragging and dropping another image into the current
image, attempting to view Layer Properties was causing PSP to crash.
- Clipboard contents pasted into a selection were not conforming
to the shape of the selection.
- A Help topic associated with placing text along a vector
path mistakenly referred to a button labeled "OK" instead of "Apply."
- A Help topic associated with screen capturing didn’t contain
directions on capturing Paint Shop Pro itself.
- A Help topic associated with copying resources via the Resource
Manager dialog needed additional information.
- A Help topic associated with the Color Replacer tool needed
additional information about materials other than solid colors.
- A Help topic associated with splitting color channels listed
the wrong menu path.
- A Quick Guide in the Learning Center palette needed additional
steps to assist new Paint Shop Pro users.
- A Help topic associated with the auto-hide feature for palettes
needed additional information.
- Users of the Logitech Track Man mouse were reporting slowdowns
when in Paint Shop Pro.
- During installation, attempting to change the location of
user data folders wasn’t working properly.
- In the Layers palette, scanned images opened into Paint
Shop Pro were not being labeled as the "Background" layer.
- After creating a new layer and then using the Edit >
Repeat command, the second new layer’s name was not incrementing properly.
A few dialogs in the application still referred to the Layers palette as the
- The Alt key shortcuts listed in the Layers menu and the
Layers context menu did not match.
- When the Layers palette was set to auto-hide, and then a
new layer was created, the palette was hiding improperly.
- The Layers palette icon used to indicate a layer’s lock
status was difficult to see.
- Load/Save Selections and Masks wasn’t allowing access to
the File Locations button when there were no resources in the current folder.
- Some models of cordless pointing devices were having difficulty
with slow mouse movements in Paint Shop Pro.
- In the Image Browser, dragging an image onto an already
populated folder did not open the folder.
- After adjusting a layer’s opacity and then selecting another
tool, the cursor was disappearing.
- When set to auto-hide, the History palette was improperly
hiding after right-clicking an item to display the context menu.
- The script ReturnVectorObjectProperties was not returning
the visibility of objects with visibility turned off.
- The label "SelectHideMarquee" was not appearing
in the History Palette to reflect that the Selections > Hide Marquee command
- When attempting to run two successive scripts that import
JascUtils, the scripts fail.
- When using the Anti-alias option with the Freehand Selection
tool, the resulting selection did not appear anti-aliased.
- After executing a Select All command, right-clicking to
deselect was not functioning properly.
- When using the Circle or Ellipse selection type without
the Anti-alias option checked, the selection was failing.
- Attempting to move an empty (transparent) selection was
prompting an error message to appear.
- When the Windows screen settings were set to use the largest
font option, the bottom of the application registration form was being cut
- A Help topic link associated with Aligning and Spacing Text
on Object Paths was opening a popup window, not another Help topic.
- While using a vector tool with the foreground property set
to Transparent, subsequent attempts to apply paint in the Mixer palette were
- Use of the Mesh Warp tool was leaving holes in the image
where none existed in the previous Paint Shop Pro version.
- When using the Mesh Warp tool, the edges of some warped
images appear to change after applying the modifications.
- While using the Warp Brush tool, the Apply and Cancel buttons
were grayed out under certain conditions.
- While using the Clone tool, the X marking the source position
wasn’t appearing during clicks and drags.
- While using the Raster Deform tool to proportionally resize
a layer, occasionally the proportion was being distorted depending on cursor
- The Art Media tools needed the ability to support very small
brush Size values.
- The raster Paint Brush presets incorporating certain settings
were causing the application to lock up.
- Saving a brush preset with the name "Last Used"
was prompting an error message.
- Under specific settings, Paint Brush strokes over undone
strokes was occasionally causing the undone strokes to reappear on the canvas.
- When using the Ellipse tool, the Tool Options palette’s
expansion arrow wasn’t functioning properly in some cases.
- Straight vector lines drawn with anti-alias on and having
an even-number width setting didn’t look as good as expected.
- Editing some of the vector shapes and then closing the document
occasionally caused Paint Shop Pro to crash.
- When dragging tool buttons out of their group while in Customization
mode, the buttons didn’t look the same as before they were moved.
- When docking was turned off, the Layers palette was occasionally
hidden behind the Materials palette.
- Under certain conditions, Materials palette swatch thumbnails
set to appear at small or medium sizes were not fully visible in the palette.
- The response time for docking and undocking palettes appeared
to slow down after several docks/undocks.
- When resizing the main application window such that the
Tools toolbar was partially hidden, the icon indicating the additional tools
was being clipped.
- Customization options associated with adding plug-in commands
to toolbars were missing compared to previous versions of the application.
- When clicking on the Paint Shop Pro main window to reactivate
the application, clicking over a docked palette/toolbar would undock the palette/toolbar.
- When sampling colors in the Mixer palette, right-clicks
were not setting the Background property as expected.
- After clicking the Layers palette to give it focus, subsequently
clicking another palette would not always give that palette focus.
- After exiting Print Layout, multiple images that had been
minimized in the main window were moving upward such that the title bars were
- In the Objects menu and the vector-related context menus,
command name capitalization was not consistent.
- Deleted workspaces were still appearing in the list of workspaces
available for loading.
- Under certain conditions, images minimized in the workspace
were sometimes hiding below the Status bar.
- The Customization mode feature of Ctrl+Left-clicking a tool
to duplicate it was not documented.
- Menu icons dragged to another location and then set to appear
only as text were having the icons reappear upon the next launch of Paint
- In the Mixer palette, when attempting to adjust the Tube
tool’s size setting via the mouse scroll wheel, the setting wasn’t updating
- When using the Fine Leather effect, the dialog’s preview
pane was not properly updating unless the Proof button was clicked.
- Setting a Logitech optical mouse scroll wheel to execute
a double-click when pressed was not working consistently in the application.
- When starting an Oil Brush stroke outside the canvas, blank
areas would sometimes appear at the edge of the canvas.
- The ability to scroll through options in drop-lists by using
the mouse wheel or the arrow keys was not functioning properly.
- Some Windows 98 users were reporting that preset lists were
appearing at their smallest size for no known reason.